Thursday 21 June 2012

The Fifth and Final 10 Questions With

Armed with the knowledge that the Earth did in fact house a hollow inhabitable inner terrain complete with internal sun, Sir Simon Carminati (master drummer) decided to venture forth in to the unknown passage. Various theories throughout time had indicated that deep underground below the Earth's surface, was a second "inner Earth" with it's own environment and gravitational laws. A Universe within a universe. Contrary to our common Scientific belief of a solid state within the Earth, could there actually be life existing in a subterranean world? which has existed for as long as the Earth has been around? Legend has it that the Nazi's certainly thought so, as well as other figures over the centuries.

Simon had tunneled his way deep in to the underworld. The landscape bore the same resemblance with every inch of progression through the tunnels, dark, warm, musty. How far does one need to go before reality halts delusion? A grail quest had always ended in failure. It be best to learn a lesson from our ancestors who had gone before us. Simon was undeterred and continued until his destiny had been revealed to him.  Sorry Simon, it's only us. And there is no turning back. The passage behind him is dark, and so too is that what is in front of him. What only mattered was what could be seen in the place where he stood. 

The questions came and this is how it played out.


1.Describe yourself in 5 words

Why, What, Who, Where, When


2. If you were an animal which one would it be and why?


Phoenix because it can always be reborn from the ashes...and it can fly


3. So you are walking in a desert, dehydrated and tired with no sign of life around you, but you MAY be close to some civilisation. A wise man appears and
offers you a bottle of cool refreshing water. Enough to last you a day or two, or a case containing $100,000,000 but you have to foresake the water, which do you chose?


The bottle of water


 4. What famous person past or present would you like to have lunch with?


No one in particular 


5. What did you imagine yourself being when you were younger? Did you always want to be a musician or had a totally different career in mind?


When I was a kid I thought I would become a crazy scientist or inventor. When I was a teenager I had a little passion for philosophy and philology so I continued to study these subjects at the University and for a couple of years I thought I would become a professor. But then I left the university because I didn't like the institutional way of approaching knowledge....so I kept studying and investigating reality while I play and teach drums 


6. Do you think aliens exist? If you met one what would you ask?


I KNOW that they exist :)...and if I met one I would tell him/her/it "Hey there, what's up? Need some help?"


7. What is your ideal way to spend an evening? go out or read a book, watch a movie etc?


Watch movies, read books, meditate and write thoughts and music


8. If you could time travel, what era in history would you like to visit?


I would like to visit the ancient Egyptian era....Or Atlantis


9. Can you cook or are you a disaster in the kitchen? what is your signature dish?


Well I can cook very simple stuff. I think my signature dish is the ratatouille....But it's a lot of time that I am not doing it.


10. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?


I really don't know because I always focus myself on the present moment ...So I guess that even 10 years from now I will be in the now. 


We showed Simon the exit, which would lead him back out in to the world. He chose not to accept it. His world was right here and so against our better judgement, he descended once again on his journey. He faded in to the darkness as our intervention reached it's conclusion. Did he find what he was looking for? You will have to ask him. But not before stepping foot in the Raven's Shadow. 


Enter stranger, we are the Raven's Shadow, we put the real in surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment